Magomed Ginazov is preparing for his 16th professional fights and his 15th inside the ACB Cage as he is set to take on the tough Brazilian, Bruno Viana, at ACB 79 in Grozny this Saturday the 27th of January. He talked to us about his preparation for this fight and his future aspirations in the ACB league.
How is you preparation for this fight against Bruno Viana going?
- The training is pretty standard, I'm not doing anything specific for my opponent because he's has come into the fight as a relatively late replacement. It seems like Bruno is more of a grappler, most of his wins are by submission. I don't know much about him because he hasn’t fought in ACB before. So it's going to be interesting to see what he can do in the fight.
What are your goals here at ACB?
- Like all other fighters I want to get the belt. If I win this fight I would like to get a TOP-5 opponent next. A rematch with Matheus Mattos for example or maybe a fight with Karginov just because he's higher than me in rankings but it's really all up to matchmaker.
If you were a champion in your division (Bantamweight), would you like to challenge another champion from different weight-class?
- Yeah, people recommend that I should go down to flyweight quite often. If one day I become a champion in the Bantamweight division it would be interesting to test myself down there or even go up to featherweight when the anti-doping system is in place. I'm going to be small there but it's not a problem, I'm not a fan of weight-cuts anyway.
Can you tell a bit more about your weight-cuts?
- Well, I'm cutting 7 kilo's maximum and I'm not doing that as extreme as other fighters. I start dieting 10-12 days prior to my fight. Eating proteins and drinking a lot of water. Only last 2-3 days before the fight am I'm dieting hard like other guys.
What is your game plan for this fight?
- I want to go all three rounds and get a bonus in process if possible! (smiles)